Thursday, May 26, 2011

That's My Boy!

So, the last time I posted, she was at 6cm and 80% effaced. The baby was at zero station. Well, that was the last time I got a chance to post until now, and that was at 11:00am.

About 11:15, the nurse came back to check and see how the epidural was working. Just for good measure, the nurse decided to check on Emily's progress. Our jaws dropped when she said, "You're about 9 1/2 - 9 3/4 and just about ready to start pushing." We were literally flabbergasted, and I was ALMOST speechless.

It took them a few minutes to get everything set up, and at 11:30, she started pushing. After 38 minutes of pushing, we had a baby boy. Just like that. It was pretty gross, and pretty awesome, all at the same time.

My wife has a pretty bad tear, but she says she still feels much better than when she had the C-section last time.

Not much else to say, except that we thank God for a beautiful, healthy baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment