Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Our Trip to the Doctor in Hattieburg (and stuff)

So, today I went rabbit hunting for the first time. I really enjoyed it. Killed my first rabbit, and it only took one shot. I'm one for one. My wife cried when she figured out that we were actually going to shoot the rabbits, so I didn't bring the rabbit home. Gave it to one of the guys I hunted with. Now, on to baby stuff.

Picked my wife up from the school where she teaches and headed to Hattiesburg for her 3:40 appointment. I'm not the kind of person who likes to share all the private details, and neither is my wife. So, you'll just have to know that the doctor said everything looked good. Our next appointment is next Wednesday, just for days before our due date! Surely, by that time, the doctor should be able to tell us SOMETHING. He's kind of vague.

Sitting in the waiting room, the baby was moving around a whole bunch. On the way home, my wife said it felt like the baby did a handstand. Not sure what to think of that.

We went to Sam's and bought some things we felt like we needed, as well as maybe a couple things that we probably didn't need. That's the way it always goes at Sam's, huh? The good news is that once we finished applying all the gift cards we only owed Sam's $42.75.

We also shopped for a video camera at Best Buy. Didn't buy one, though. When I saw that Sam's had the same camera we'd been checking out at Best Buy, I called Best Buy, and they said they'd match the price at Sam's. Planning to look online to see what other kinds of deals there may be.

Oh, and on the way home, we thought my wife might be getting ready to go into labor. She had 4 or 5 contractions in a row, each 13 minutes apart. She'd already had at least 2 before we started timing them. Looks like I'm on Baby Watch from here on out!

3 comments:

  1. Drew - I didn't know she was so far along. Congrats and I'm a huge fan of Sams Club... however, I very much dislike Walmart! Look forward to keeping up with your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Drew!! And congrats to your wife too! Yep - you are officially on baby watch from here on out! I will keep ya'll in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wascally wabits are not for Emily, huh?
    I look forward to seeing an up to date blog on our new addition.
    And - since both your Moms are a little distance and my grands are too I'll be a fill-in Gran for her.
    I'm just as excited as you are probably.
    I'll see you soon and love you all very much.

    ReplyDelete