Friday, March 19, 2010

Thank You, Facebook

Thanks to Facebook, I found out that my little girl slept through the night for the first time last night. Emily put her down around 9:30 last night, and she didn't wake up for feeding until 5:00 this morning. Of course, she was in the swing and not the bassinet, but, then, she always sleeps in the swing. We'll celebrate this victory and work on the bassinet thing later.

In other news, we buried one of our church's deacons today. Mr. Clint Hutto died in a house fire Monday. His wife, Mrs. Charlotte, is really going through it. Their home burned completely to the ground. It was a total loss. She was not home at the time. I conducted the service today. There were lots of people here from our church, and there were lots of people here from Mr. Clint's family.

My little girl was rotten this morning, though. How rotten? Well, I started trying to get ready around 8:00, and didn't finish getting ready until right at noon. That's how rotten she was. Every time I turned around, she was screaming. I love her, though.

You should have seen her a few minutes ago. She was hungry, and my wife was... indisposed... at the time. So, I had to figure out a way to keep her from screaming until (keep the baby from screaming) my wife got un-indisposed. So, I'm playing with the baby, just trying to keep her occupied and not thinking about how hungry she was. I got right in her face and started giving her Eskimo kisses. What does she do? She latches on and starts nursing my nose! It was really hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. Drew - I have never laughed so hard in my life!!! Priceless!

    ReplyDelete